Online Enrollment[?]Forgot Password[?]
TO YOUR LOCAL CREDIT UNION
Brownfield Federal Credit Union is a member-owned and controlled financial services organization. Our mission is to meet members’ financial needs through quality service at the best value while maintaining financial stability. Building lifelong relationships one member at a time.
What We Offer
Summer Staycation Giveaway!
- If you obtain a loan (any type of loan or refinance) during the months of June, July or August, 2018, Your name will be entered into a drawing for the month in which you received your loan. Each month we will draw a winner at the end of that month from the total names entered for that month. Each month’s winner will receive: One night’s stay at our local Holiday Inn Express $100 in Brownfield Bucks Swim passes for the Brownfield Aquatic Center KEEPING THE FUN IN BROWNFIELD!! There will be one drawing at the end of each month being June, July and August.
- The minimum deposit to open an account is $25.00. This is not a fee, it is a deposit to open an account. If you ever close the account, the $25.00 is still yours. This deposit goes into an interest bearing account.
- Interest is posted quarterly, and the current interest rate on share accounts is 0.01% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and 0.01% Annual Percentage Yield (APY).
- Deposits may be made to this account at any time.
Prepaid Debit Cards
- We are now offering regular Prepaid Debit Card. The fee on each one is $5.00 per card. Please contact our office for more details and/or purchase!
Kids Choice Savings
- Kids Choice Savings is an educational way for students to learn to start saving money at a young age. This branch
of BFCU is operated BY the students FOR the students! BFCU and BISD are proud partners of Kids Choice Savings!
The Board of Directors and Staff at BFCU are very proud of the tradition of our Student Employees, the number of student accounts that have been established, and the dollar amount of those accounts. All of these things mean a great education for the student employees, along with a great start for financial education for all of the students involved.
- Kids Choice Savings is an educational way for students to learn to start saving money at a young age. This branch of BFCU is operated BY the students FOR the students! BFCU and BISD are proud partners of Kids Choice Savings!
On July 8, 1960, there was a group of 10 men who met in the office of the Justice of the Peace, Mr. L. A. Rhyne, and drew up the charter for the Brownfield Federal Credit Union.
Those ten men included: Pete Bridges, Jr., Donald Ethington, R.D. Goldston, Sydney Joe Hester, Leroy Little, Stanley Miller, C.W. Porter, Billy Don Renfro, James E. Tippit and
BFCU has had three (3) managers since the business was opened in 1960. Mr. Harold Andrews was the first manager, serving from 1960-1967. Mr. Alton West began his career as BFCU manager in 1967 and retired in 2000. Rhonda Duncan followed in his footsteps, becoming manager in 2001 and still serves in that capacity today. Some of our members of our Board of Directors have served almost since the CU was formed, and we are thankful for these men: Fred Cawthon, Eli Garcia, and Carey White.
It may be hard to believe, but BFCU first conducted business in the "janitor's broom closet" at what is now the Brownfield Middle School. Business was run there from 1960 until 1972, when at that time, it was moved to the Brownfield ISD Administration Building at 601 Tahoka Road. Business was conducted there beginning in August of 1972, until 1992. BFCU was growing and needed an even larger office building.
The Brownfield branch of First Federal Savings & Loan, located at 201 W. Hill, closed their offices and BFCU was fortunate enough to purchase that building for CU operations. BFCU moved into its present location in September of 1992 and still operates there today. We moved in during the month of September, 1992, and had our Grand Opening on October 8, 1992. After growing even more, and seeing the need for more space, the Board of Directors voted to expand and remodel our present location. On March 23, 2007, that construction began with a bang...literally the crews began breaking bricks off the outside walls! After three months of not ever having to close the doors for business and of having some very patient CU members, the completion of our new building took place in June, 2007! We are so proud of our new building and enjoy serving our members here each and every day! We've even had Slaton's Credit Union take notice and has expanded and remodeled its Credit Union with ours as their model! Thanks to Vaughn Construction for such a beautiful place to work and serve!
We do not take the success of BFCU for granted! We've been blessed that those who served before us had the foresight to see what we could not! We are thankful to those of you who have been faithful members since July of 1960! And we are thankful to those of you who have joined our membership and who have helped take us where we are today! We look forward to another "50 Years of Service!"
Subscribe to BFCU Newsletter and promotions
Enter your email below and click subscribe to start receiving the newsletter right in your inbox!
We never share your information